WO Kids – World Outreach Children’s Ministry
In most developing world nations, more than 50% of the population is under the age of 15. Children are often the door that opens the way to reaching whole communities for Christ. We conduct hundreds of outreaches in school, local communities and in churches. Our outreaches include gospel-focused correspondence courses that bring children to Christ. Where possible, these children are then directed to local churches to be discipled.
We are committed to rescuing children from exploitation, vice, and destitute situations by providing safe living environments, 24/7 care, and education opportunities and giving them a hope and a future. As more sponsorship becomes available, more children can be helped.
We are committed to sharing the Good News with children, discipling them and to provide them with loving and supportive care. We do this because:
- Jesus commanded it in Matthew 19:14 (NLT), “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children.”
- One third of the world’s population are children. Nearly two billion are under the age of 15. If we neglect ministry to children, we disregard 1/3rd of the world’s population in terms of the Great Commission. In many developing nations, children make up nearly half the total population.
- Children suffer. More than any other segment of humanity, children suffer, in a sense, paying for the sins of adults. Whether it’s from war, epidemics, crop failure, or endemic poverty, children usually suffer the most. Thirty percent of the world’s children, i.e., 600 million children, live in “absolute poverty”.
- Children are strategic for outreach. Research shows that children are by far the most Gospel-responsive group—about 80% of Christians received Christ between the ages of 4 and 14. The so-called 4-14 window of opportunity is far more productive than later teenage and adult years! Church researcher George Barna urges us to “consider the facts: Absorption of biblical information and principles typically peaks during the pre-teen years. Habits related to the practice of one’s faith develop when one is young and change surprisingly little over time.” Francis Xavier said “give me a child until he is seven and I’ll show you the man.” The Bible simply states, “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it”.
- It is urgent. Experts estimate that about one billion children will be born in the next decade, the vast majority of them to mothers and fathers earning less than one US dollar per day.
- We support evangelism and discipling ministries in nations throughout Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Oceania. These include:
– Evangelism programs
– Follow-up correspondence courses
– Training for thousands of children’s workers each year
– Translating and publishing culturally appropriate in-depth teaching curriculum for outreach and church ministry
– Children’s cartoon magazines and other resources for kids’ ministry.
- We support holistic ministries in many African and Asian countries – meeting the physical, emotional and developmental needs of children. We seek to:
– Improve the healthcare of these children with special emphasis on cleaner water, mosquito control, better food, etc
– Provide educational opportunities to all children, especially to girls
– Provide skills training for children aiming at equipping them for future employment
– Provide protection to children who are at risk of violence, exploitation or abuse.